Put These Five Procedures to Work for You;
- Action cures fear. Isolate your fear and then take constructive action. Inaction, doing nothing about a situation, strengthens fear and destroys confidence.
- Make a supreme effort to put only positive thoughts in your memory bank. Don’t let negative, self-deprecatory thoughts that grow into mental monsters. Simply refuse to recall unpleasant events or situations.
- Put people in proper perspective. Remember, people are more alike, than they are different. Get a balanced view of the other fellow. He is just another human being. And develop an understanding attitude. Many people will bark, but it’s rare one that bites.
- Practice doing what your conscience tells you is right. This prevents a poisonous guilt complex from developing. Doing what’s right is a very practical rule for success.
- Make everything about you say, “I’m confident, really confident.” Practice these little techniques in your day-to-day activities.
- Be a “front seater.”
- Make eye contact.
- Walk 25 percent faster.
- Speak up.
- Smile big.
~ David J. Schwartz, The Magic of Thinking Big, (1959)