Are you looking for a way to help your team members become not only more productive, but better leaders? Having had leadership roles in the military, private business, non-profit and government sectors, I know how important it is to find easy ways to develop people. That is why I started doing the John C. Maxwell leadership lunch and learns.
These presentations are packed full of information, interaction, and an open question and answer session with the intent of creating a fun learning environment for building awareness. My goal is to have your team members walk away with at least one mind changing idea to take action on that will create a desire for motivation and self improvement.
Below are the John C. Maxwell Leadership Development Programs that are currently offered as lunch and learns.
How to Be a REAL Success
People are inspired by and desire to be like great leaders yet become overwhelmed by the perceived knowledge needed to learn the skills of leadership. Success is knowing your purpose in life; growing to your maximum potential; sowing the seeds that benefit others. It is a rather simple recipe yet requires awareness, study, practice and mentoring to achieve.
- The four elements to success: Relationships– Love and accept yourself. The first person you learn to get along with is you; Equipping – Great leaders grow their vision from “ME” to “WE;” Attitude – Our attitude is a choice; Leadership – Leadership takes time and energy to develop.
- Seven ways attitudes impact a person’s life.
- Action item: One thought or idea to help get closer to your goal, desire and/or dream.
Becoming a Person of Influence
With influence, you can achieve success at home, work and in every other area of life. Whatever your vocation or aspiration, you can increase your impact on others by Becoming a Person of Influence. Learn simple, insightful ways to interact more positively with others, and watch your personal and organizational success go off the charts.
- Four levels of leadership.
- How to increase their influence through building trust and respect.
- Action item: A daily assessment to increase your ability to influence others.
Put Your Dream To The Test
Make Your Dream Come True
Most people fail to realize their potential because their dream remains hypothetical. Put Your Dream To the Test takes your dream from ethereal to achievable. Learn how to crystallize your vision and galvanize your commitment.
Your dream has power. It can inspire you. It can empower you. But will it reward you?
- Five common reasons people have for not identifying their dream.
- Steps to conquering your dream.
- Action item: What is your dream and what will it cost?
The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth
Are there tried and true principles that are always certain to help a person grow? John Maxwell says the answer is yes. He has been passionate about personal development for over fifty years, and for the first time, he teaches everything he has gleaned about what it takes to reach our potential.
Personal growth is the only vehicle by which individuals arrive at their full potential. John Maxwell shares proven principles for upgrading your capacities to lead others and generate results. To get where you want to go in life, personal development cannot be overlooked, postponed, or taken for granted. Whether you’re just starting your career or nearing its end, this book articulates truths you can apply immediately to make the most of your time, talents, and influence.
- How the Law of PAIN tells us that we will all experience “growing pains”; life lessons requiring some form of pain management. How we handle these painful moments affect our growth.
- How the Law of the RUBBER BAND explains that in order for you to grow to your full potential, you have to stretch beyond your current comfort zone.
- Seven benefits to tension.
- Action item: Where do you need to stretch, how do you need to start, and when are you starting?
Everyone Communicates, Few Connect
Only One Thing Stands Between You And Success. It Isn’t Experience. It Isn’t Talent.
If you want to succeed, you must learn how to connect with people. And while it may seem like some people are just born with it, the fact is anyone can learn how to make every communication an opportunity for a powerful connection.
People who connect with others have better relationships, experience less conflict, and get more things done than those who cannot connect. Leaders who have learned the art of connection are able to communicate their ideas persuasively, establishing buy-in and attracting followers.
- How connecting can increase your influence in every situation.
- How connecting is more a skill than a natural talent.
- Action item: How can you begin to connect better with people?
Lessons Learned From A Lifetime Of Leading
After years of writing and lecturing about leadership, and after decades of practicing it, John C. Maxwell created this book as a reflection on all he has learned about guiding others. He shares leadership lessons he experienced firsthand as well as those culled from other experts. His 26 “gold nuggets” address various aspects of leadership, such as developing relationships, nurturing tomorrow’s leaders, and recognizing and responding to “defining moments.”
Participants learn nine of the golden nuggets;
- If It’s Lonely At The Top, You’re Not Doing Something Right
- The Toughest Person To Lead Is Always YOURSELF.
- Defining MOMENTS Define Your Leadership
- When You Get Kicked in the Rear, You Know You’re Out in FRONT.
- Never Work a Day in Your Life
- A Leader’s First Responsibility is to Define Reality
- Keep Learning to Keep Leading.
- People Quit PEOPLE, Not Companies.
- Action item: People will summarize your life in one sentence – pick it now.
If you’re looking for short impactful training experiences for your team to increase their productivity, build respectful relationships or improve their leadership abilities, give me a call so we can discuss how to modify the presentations to better address your specific needs.