The Art of Selling.
When everybody sells, goods, services and ideas move faster, and prosperity is achieved.
Selling is not limited to people called salesman, for we all have something to sell, and that includes you!
When everybody sells, we create a mental and emotional climate of friendliness and good will that makes buying a joyous, happy adventure.
Customers are won and held through a multitude of acts and attitudes. Here are some of the things that represent the art of selling at its best:
- Courteous words instead of sharps retorts.
- Smiles instead of blank looks.
- Enthusiasm instead of dullness.
- Response instead of indifference.
- Warmth instead of coldness.
- Understanding instead of the closed mind.
- Attention instead of neglect.
- Patience instead of irritation.
- Sincerity instead of sham.
- Consideration instead of annoyance.
- Remembering people instead of forgetting them.
- Facts instead of arguments.
- Creative ideas instead of the humdrum.
- Helpfulness instead of hindrance.
- Giving instead of getting.
- Action instead of delay.
- Appreciation instead of apathy.
~ Wilferd A. Peterson, The Art of Living