Things Everybody Needs To Understand About People.
Knowing what people need and want is the key to understanding them. And if you can understand them, you can influence them and impact their lives in a positive way. What I know about understanding people can be summed up in the following list:
- EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE SOMEBODY. There isn’t a person in the world who doesn’t have the desire to be someone, to have significance. Even the least ambitious and unassuming person wants to be regarded highly by others.
- NOBODY CARES HOW MUCH YOU KNOW UNTIL HE KNOWS HOW MUCH YOU CARE. The moment that people know that you care about them, the way they feel about you changes. Showing others that you care isn’t always easy. Your greatest times and fondest memories will come because of people, but so will your most difficult, hurting, and tragic times.
- EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY. Contrary to popular belief, there are no such things as self-made men and women. Everybody needs friendship, encouragement, and help.
- EVERYBODY CAN BE SOMEBODY WHEN SOMEBODY UNDERSTANDS AND BELIEVES HER. Once you understand people and believe in them, they really can become somebody. And it doesn’t take much effort to help other people feel important. Little things, done deliberately at the right time, can make a big difference.
- EVERYBODY WHO HELPS SOMEBODY INFLUENCES A LOT OF BODIES. The final thing you need to understand about people is that when you help one person, you’re really impacting a lot of other people. What you give to one person overflows into the lives of all the people that person impacts.
Most people are so genuinely grateful when another person makes them feel special that they never tire of showing their gratitude.
Relationship 101, By John C. Maxwell
How to Be a REAL Success
Four Session Mastermind Group
People are inspired by and desire to be like great leaders yet become overwhelmed by the perceived knowledge needed to learn the skills of leadership. Success is knowing your purpose in life; growing to your maximum potential; sowing the seeds that benefit others. It is a rather simple recipe yet requires awareness, study, practice and mentoring to achieve. The four elements to success are: Relationships– Love and accept yourself. The first person you learn to get along with is you; Equipping – Great leaders grow their vision from “ME” to “WE;” Attitude – Our attitude is a choice; Leadership – Leadership takes time and energy to develop
*This mastermind group is limited to ten participants, with a minimum of six participants to start the class.
Sessions will include a video with group discussion and activities to incorporate from each sessions.
Time and Scheduled dates: 12:00 – 2:00 pm, every other Friday on 8/24, 9/07, 9/21, 10/05
Meeting Location: 216 N. 2nd St., Suite 103, Bismarck, ND
Investment: $169 + book (Payment due prior to or at the first session)
To register or to bringing this training to your organization contact Dave Leingang at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 701-527-7416.